Where Do You Begin When You Need Emergency Restoration Service Columbia South Carolina
Every year, thousands of properties get engulfed in flames. There are many causes of fire outbreaks which include but not limited to heating issues, cooking accidents, electrical faults and more. So what do you do when you are faced with such an unpleasant experience? Perhaps, the best solution is to look for emergency restoration service Columbia South Carolina for fast and reliable fire damage repair service.
If you need fire damage repairs, there are some steps to take before calling professional emergency restoration service specialist to help make your home habitable once again. Putting out the fire depending on how big it is. Depending on the condition, fire outbreak requires the services of the fire department as they are better equipped to deal with the situation. Once done, they can determine whether your home is habitable or not.
Smoke and Fire Damage Repair
After a fire incidence, it leaves behinds lots of ungodly sights. Not only that, the walls, floors, and other valuables get soaked leading to water damage. Emergency restoration service Columbia South Carolina can help ease your worries. They are better equipped to take care of all the heavy cleaning, repair and restoration works.
If you are considering doing the fire damage repair on your own, you need to adhere to some rules. First, you should wear protective gear which includes protective eyewear, rubber gloves, and a face mask.
- Sooth and other particles require a special vacuum. A typical vacuum can’t do this.
- Clean the surfaces. Wash the floors and walls. While cleaning the ceiling should be left for the last. To prevent mold growth, dry the cleaned wall surfaces for at least one day before giving it a new paint color.
- Remove smoke odor from fabrics by washing them using detergents and trisodium phosphate.
- Cutlery and other cooking items should be washed in hot soapy water.
- clean leather furniture and bag using a damp cloth. Once done, remove the water using a dry cloth.
Preventing Fire Outbreaks
Fire outbreaks are such an unpleasant experience. They are destructive and leave behind damages that require several thousands of dollars in repair work. Removing fire damage, and smoke from surfaces is a daunting task. This is why fire damage repair is better left in the hands of professional emergency restoration service Columbia South Carolina. Follow these steps to minimize the risk of fire outbreaks in your home
- Make sure all damaged and faulty electrical outlets and appliances are fixed. Do not leave them unattended. Desist from putting too much load on your home’s circuit system and invest in surge protectors.
- Though often overlooked, every home needs a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. Keep one in a place where you can easily reach it and be prepared to use it when the situation calls for it.
- Place grills at least 10 feet away from your property
After performing your preliminary fire damage repair, contact a professional emergency restoration service provider Columbia South Carolina to help ensure proper repair to your property.